Do you have Modic changes?
If your response is YES to three or more of these questions, it is likely that you have Modic changes in your spine.
- Do you have pain in your lower back during the night?
- Does the pain in you lower back wake you up when you turn over in bed?
- Is the pain worst in the morning, better at midday and worse again in the afternoon and evening?
- Does it feel as though your pain is located deep in the spine?
- Does it sometimes radiate down into one or both of your legs?
- When doing physical activity or exercising, does your back pain get worse or at best remain unchanged?
- Have you ever had an X-ray that shows you have some spinal disc degeneration?
- Do you suffer back pain constantly or for most of the day? Even if the intensity varies so that at some point it is relatively low, it is almost always there.
- Have you tried a variety of treatments that are supposed to help back pain but they didn’t work for you?